“The finest training…

the first choice for footballers.”

Former England international,

Emile Heskey

©2014 The Supercar Academy

Polo MMillionaire faces 30 years behind bars plus $46 million settlement

for student 'killed in drink-fuelled joyride'

20 April 2012

Florida polo millionaire John Goodman, convicted of DUI manslaughter earlier this month, has reached a settlement of $46 million with the family of the 23-year-old victim who died in the crash.

Goodman, 48, faces up to 30 years in prison after being convicted of drunk-driving manslaughter and leaving the scene of a crash that left Scott Wilson dead in February 2010.

Prosecutors successfully claimed Goodman was drunk when he rammed his black Bentley convertible into Wilson's car two years ago, causing it to roll into a canal.

He left the scene and waited an hour to call 911 while 23 year old student Scott Wilson drowned. He gave a dead cell phone battery as the reason why he walked away from the crash scene.

After the crash, Goodman's blood alcohol level was measured at .177 per cent, more than twice the legal driving limit.

At trial Goodman said he was sure of one thing: he had two shots of tequila and two shots of vodka before the crash, yet he was not drunk and that he drunk after the crash to alleviate his pain.

After leaving a bar, he said his car suddenly lurched forward into an intersection 'and I began to apply my brakes, and the car did not seem to be stopping as easily as I was used to.'

Unable to control the vehicle, it slammed into the side of Scott's - even though Goodman said he was not aware he had hit another driver so left the scene.

If he had known someone had plunged into the canal, 'I would have done whatever I could have done to help', he claimed.

Goodman then went to a nearby barn where he found a bottle of liquor, the Miami Herald reported.

'I ... drank it to alleviate, thinking it would help with my pain,' he said, claiming it was the reason his blood alcohol content was more than double the legal driving level when his blood was taken three hours after the crash.

From The Daily Mail

Read more: